2020 RANGE SAFETY RULES
01. Controlled Substances:
No one is allowed on the range under the influence of alcohol, marijuana or HTC derivatives or any other controlled substance including prescription medication.
02. Shooting Alone:
Each shooter must be accompanied by another shooter or observer. Only active Federal or NJ Law Enforcement Officers, active military members, BYOG Range Members or those with a NJ Firearm’s ID Card may shoot alone.
03. Rental Age:
To rent a Handgun or Long Gun a customer must be 18 years of age.
04. Shooting Age:
No individual under the age of 10 may be allowed to shoot any firearm in the facility. Minors may only shoot with presence of parent / legal guardian who completes and signs the registration form on their behalf. Furthermore, it is subject to customer being able to prove parentage / guardianship to the satisfaction of our Staff.
05. Carrying of Guns and Ammunition:
No loaded firearms may enter or exit the building, except on the person of a Federal or NJ Law Enforcement official while on duty. All magazines and speed loaders must be unloaded, even
if stored in separate bag. Loaded firearms are allowed at firing line only.
06. Inspection of Personal Guns and Ammunition:
All guns and ammunition brought onto premises are subject to inspection. Any item deemed to be unsafe or unserviceable must immediately be removed from premises.
07. Maximum shooters:
Maximum of three shooters are allowed per lane, unless RSO chooses to reduce your party.
08. Eye and ear protection:
Must be worn at ALL TIMES on the range. Posted on entry doors to each range.
09. Allowable Targets:
Shooting at anything other than the target in your lane is strictly prohibited. Only Long Shot paper targets are permitted on the range.
10. Shot Selection:
No head shots for inexperienced shooters. Shots must be a min of 15” below the target hangers.
Wearing or drawing from a holster is only permitted for law enforcement, active military and Long Shot approved civilians who have successfully completed our Holster Drawing class and Qualification.
12. Gun Handling rules:
a. Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire
b. Always keep your firearm pointed down range
c. Always keep firearm action open and unloaded until ready to fire, and when cease fire is called.
d. Be sure gun is safe to operate prior to discharging.
e. Use only correct ammunition for your specific gun
f. To leave firing line / pass firearm to another, all firearms must be unloaded, action open, pointed down range.
13. All firearms must arrive and leave the shooting area in a case / bag. No uncased firearms may leave shooting area.
14. If a misfire or other malfunction occurs, place firearm down on table, pointed downrange and signal the range staff for assistance. DO NOT leave the firing line with a loaded or jammed firearm.
15. Allowable calibers for handguns and long guns will be posted and must be strictly followed.
16. Absolutely no steel core ammunition, tracer ammunition or steel shot is allowed!! Slug or buckshot are allowed. No birdshot or pistol grip shotguns allowed. All Shotguns must be fired from the shoulder only.
17. Any behavior deemed hazardous by long shot staff may result in immediate dismissal from the premises.
18. Comply with all instructions from the range staff. Report any unsafe conduct to the range staff immediately.
19. Any violation of Safety Rules will result in REPRIMAND UP TO AND INCLUDING DISMISSAL from the range.
20. Only ammunition purchased at Long Shot will be allowed for rental firearms.
21. LONG SHOT STAFF AND / OR RANGE SAFETY OFFICERS (RSO’s) HAVE ULTIMATE AUTHORITY TO ENSURE VISITORS SAFETY INCLUDING ISSUING IMPROMPTU SAFETY DIRECTIVES TO ALL.
22. NO REFUNDS OF ANY KIND FOR PARTIES EXPELLED FROM THE RANGE FOR ANY REASON.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD LONG SHOT’S RANGE SAFETY RULES. I WILL FULLY COMPLY WITH
ALL OF THE ABOVE AND RECOGNIZE THE AUTHORITY OF LONG SHOT STAFF AND / OR RANGE SAFETY
OFFICERS TO PROVIDE DIRECTIVES WHICH MUST BE FOLLOWED.