NJ GUN LAWS FOR
* Includes the NJ Use of Force training for your CCW application.
This class is given several times weekly and is a must for responsible NJ firearms owners.
It is reasonably easy to become a legal firearms owner in New Jersey. It is, however, unreasonably difficult to remain law abiding and compliant with all NJ regulations due to the number of new and changing laws. The purpose of this class is to familiarize our students with some of the most important regulations so they can more easily navigate the complex legal landscape.
AREAS OF FOCUS:
- How to apply and what are the requirements for first-time applicants for an FID / FIPC and pistol permit.
Bring your own tablet or laptop and we will fill out the application together, at the end of the class.
- How to apply and what are the requirements for applicants for a CCW (Concealed Carry Weapon) Permit.
Review of Attorney General Guidance published 07/24/2022
Review of Form SP 642 (rev 03/15)
Review of the NJPTC official shooting qualification (including the use of holsters)
- How to Transport firearms in New Jersey
Review of NJ State Police Guidelines
- How to Store Firearms at Home
Review of Current Law
Review of Proposed Law
- NJ Use of Force Law
Review "In Defense of Self"
Review "In Defense of Others"
Review "In Defense of Personal Property"
Contrast with Law Enforcement
PARTICIPANTS: Maximum 15
Required. See deadline dates and cancellation policy on-line.